Friday, September 23, 2011

Church is good.

In an hour I will take my kids to the church for a 3 hour primary practice/pizza party.  I am counting down the minutes!   I feel a little bad for anyone who has callings in the primary as there are something like 120 kids in our ward.  The icing on the cake (frosting on the cake? I prefer frosting...cream cheese frosting.) will be when I also drop Mr. Cash off with a friend for the duration of the primary party. (I traded babysitting and although I feel weird dropping him off for no reason, she insisted.)

So now I will be without children for 3 hours.  I might go to a movie.  Or maybe I will take a nap.  Maybe I will go to a movie and take a nap in their comfy seats while I sip a soda and eat a pretzel.  I might end up doing nothing, but I am so excited to drive in my car all alone.  And I am getting giddy at the thought of parking my car and getting out....and walking directly into the building!  No waiting for little children to decide while you wait in the heat that it's finally time to take their seatbelt off.  ("It won't come off! Help! It's stuck!"... "Just a second...just let me finish this page!") No lugging and unfolding strollers and unstrapping and strapping and unstrapping. No holding a baby while you push an empty stroller.

What would you do if you had 3 hours all to yourself?

(Hurry...I only have an hour to come up with something amazing.  This may never happen again!)

8 comments:

Randi said...

I'm really glad we decided against the Saturday practice. I can say that because I am in Primary and I would have to suffer through it....Anyway, Suzy you are funny! I would go to DQ, get a blizzard and go home and do nothing. That's usually what I do anyway with Carson. That must explain the horrible weight gain.

The Adams Family said...

I hope you had a nice relaxing time!!!

Loriannie said...

I hope you had a rendevous with your husband. I have forgotten how to spell but I am too lazy to delete rendevous and come up with a word I know how to spell.

Nanette said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm even relieved when I even only have one less kid to watch... it just seems so much easier for some reason.

The Belnaps said...

Holy Cow..what i would give for an hour or two without a kid..and I just keep having more:) I think i would lay on my bed and watch all my shows on the DVR with carmel popcorn and a slush..hmmmm..that sounds heavenly. If you ever get back this way, i would love a photo session of my kiddos..someday..and I hope things are good..

Nat said...

???
I have no clue what I would do. What did you do?

Leslie Waters said...

Oh Suzy you make me laugh. I like you really do need to plan on writing a book about the adventures of Suzy.

Lori said...

Can I just say that my kids are never home and I would give about anything to have three hours with them. But then again they can usually walk by themselves, unbuckle, feed themselves, etc. Did I mention that we miss you?