Friday, November 18, 2011

Tomatoes




Sometimes...

when a baby wakes up at midnight and you're just getting home from school, you get them out of bed to play. 

And get some kisses.




And blow on tummies.

And watch tv.

And to share sweet pork salad.
(Not pictured...)

After the babe was back in bed Joey asked how I thought that diaper was going to look. (He had a lot of tomatoes.)


Fast forward 8 hours.

We are trying to get out of the door in under 2 minutes.

(We know down to the second when we have to leave the house without Gwenny being late for school.)

I am busy making a ham sandwich as fast as I can.

Gwen walks into the kitchen and says in her snottiest teenage voice, "MOM! WHY DID YOU GET ME DIRTY CLOTHES TO WEAR TO SCHOOL? THERE IS STUFF ALL OVER THESE!"

(Nevermind that she is 7 and should be getting her own clothes out the closet and definitely not yelling at me for waiting on her hand and foot....)

I get a little closer and discover that she has poop all over her uniform shirt and black pants.

Fresh poop.

So I rush her into the bathroom to clean her up and change her clothes.

Then while I am trying to clean up the baby in record time, Max walks over and mimicking his sisters tone says, "Mom...there's poop on my clothes too!"

Sure enough...fresh poop...on his shorts.

I clean up poop like a pro and Gwen was only 1 minute late for school.  Max was 15 minutes early, but that i
s a whole other story.

 And THAT is what happens when you feed a baby lots of tomatoes in the middle of the night.



5 comments:

Randi said...

He's getting so big!! I miss that little guy, poop and all.

The Johnsons said...

He is sure a cutie! I love that others have similar problems as well :)

Loriannie said...

Aww...he is so dang cute! i am so excited to see you all at Thanksgiving.

Niki said...

He is so cute. I love his yawn and his crawling with his little (what we like to call it) "stink face". How old is he. He looks close to Koy's age (15 months):)

Luke Prince said...

What a funny story! Funny because I didn't have to clean up poop. Sorry you had to go through that, but at least it makes for good blogging. I think that picture where Cash is crawling with the "stink face" looks a lot like Layne. When are you coming up this week?