Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Common Core

Well...I'm back.  

After being spread too thin for too long I decided that blogging is my favorite social media.

No one is forced to read my musings on their wall simply because three years ago they were curious if I'd gotten fat yet or not and added me as a friend.

If you are reading my blog, you are choosing every. single. time. to witness the disaster that is my life.

And without facebook I don't have to feel worthless about all the new "photographers" when I just keep moving around and starting at square one.  Well, not AS worthless at least. :)  (And photographers is in quotes on purpose to be mean. I know we all have to start somewhere...but I still feel weird calling myself a "photographer".  People should use their words more carefully.)

This time around I will try to spread the offending out across everyone and not focus so much on my mom just because I think she can take it.  Because she can't. She is a crier. (I love you  mom.)

Jumping right in.....I have decided to homeschool my darling children next year.



If you haven't heard of Common Core....research it thoroughly.  I know I still am.  So if you HAVE heard of it, PLEASE comment and tell me your thoughts.  Our charter school decided to fully implement it next year.  So I am out all of my deposits for ipad classes and field trip funds....but it's a small price to pay.





What is she learning at school anyway?!









We've got some work to do.  (Just kidding, this is from the beginning of the year.)

15 comments:

kellyrass said...

Common core is the devils work. The end.

Kikal said...

No school like the home school! Welcome to the club. Also, I love your blog.

Elyse Beard said...

Dude, you're the bomb.com for homeschooling. Also, to hell with Facebook. Also, I think I'll only be in Utah once this summer....and then we'll be banished to the utter ends of the earth. Are you guys going to the fam reunion? I'm hoping to go to that...even though school starts on te exact same day.....so, anyway, bottom line? I'm glad you're still blogging, the end amen

Andrea said...

I'm glad you're blogging again! You totally make me laugh. :) And also, you should totally call yourself a photographer. Because you are and you're great. A few of my friends have started their own "photography" "businesses" and their pictures make me cringe. Every. Single. Time. Gross.

I'm glad Arizona hasn't cooked your brains yet. It's kind of like hell down there, isn't it? I mean hot...

Sarah Jo said...

So happy you decided to update your blog! I like blogging so much more than Facebook, it's more personal. I am super impressed you are homeschooling your kiddos, good luck! ;)

The Belnaps said...

Holy hannah you are one brave girl to even think about home schooling..I can't even bare to think about the summer and having them all home..so much yelling and fighting..oohh the anxiety:) But you will rock it..cuz thats what you do and I think you are amazeballs at picture taking and I wish you could do ours and when are you coming back? Loves! and Peace out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow! In the end I got a web site from where I be able to
in fact obtain valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.


Here is my web site: http://wiki.nethique.info

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennie said...

Wow! Anonymous was busy? Weird. I'm considering home school, too. What curriculum are you going to use?